Monday, March 5, 2012

PRAHA STREET ART!

My absolute favorite view/site was the John Lennon Wall of graffiti basically.  
This was another interesting history. he wall that was formerly an ordinary wall in Prague has been called Lennon´s since the 1980s, when people have filled it with John Lennon-inspired graffiti and pieces of lyrics from Beatles songs. Although Lennon never visited Prague, he was a hero to the pacifist youth of Central and Eastern Europe during the totalitarian era. Prior to 1989 when communism ruled, western pop songs were banned by Communist authorities, and especially John Lennon´s songs, because it was praising freedom that didn’t exist here. Some musicians were actually jailed for playing it! When John Lennon was murdered in 1980 he became a sort of hero to some of the young and his picture was painted on this wall, for whatever reason right here, along with graffiti defying the authorities. I love and am inspired by Street Art because people do have amazing talent! If you are like me I was told to visit Berlin for amazing street, now i do not have the room (or funds) to do so but my friends went that weekend I was in Prague for a skrillex concert and simply fell in love with the street art which I was in awe going through their flicks!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OTHER STREET ART! 






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment